subscribe



On A Mission


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I've been thinking about where I would fish this weekend. The weather this week is a repeat of last week. I'm tempted to see if last weekend's fish patterns hold up. I think I will go to LBJ again tomorrow, to test that theory out. This time I will go alone, so I can be a little more adventurous. I've been studying the lake map, and I have noticed a few spots that look tempting. This time I will bring my digital camera, and see if I can get some more photos for my blog.

My guess is the lake will be turbid, with lots of debris. If I'm lucky, the sky will be overcast, and there will be a light South-East breeze. This time I'm going to start out fishing topwater near the weed-beds. Then I'll work my way out to the points. I'll try fishing crankbaits in the late morning, then switch to a Carolina-rigged worm over deeper water as the shadows get short.

Last weekend I picked up some offshore structure with my sonar. I think I will check that out, too.

I know I have been fishing LBJ a lot lately. I find that it is a good proving ground for my theories, because the relatively constant water level takes out a significant variable, and lets me concentrate on lure choice and presentation.

Tune back in tomorrow night. If all goes well, I should have another story, and some new photos to show off.


About me

  • I'm Scott Gaspard
  • From Austin, Texas, United States
  • I really like to fish. I go every chance I can. You can pretty much bet that at any given moment, I'm using whatever spare cycles I have to plan my next trip.
  • My profile

Google
Web This Site


Site Map




Archives



Gear



Pros


Guides


Boats


Organizations


Fishing Reports



Web Sites


Unrelated Blogs I Like



Previous Stories