subscribe



Estes Flats


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I've decided to take my boat to the coast. This will be a first for me; I have never driven my boat on anything but inland lakes. I bought a fishing hot-spots map, and I've been impressed with the level of detail. I'm planning out my trip, including how to navigate the grassy areas around Estes Flats, which is near Aransas Pass. I admit that I am a little bit nervous about taking my bass boat into salt water, but I have been assured by a local guide that there are lots of people who navigate these waters in a bass boat. I'm going to strip down my boat to essential gear. I won't be bringing any bass related stuff. I'm going to convert my anchor box into a fish box -- I'll fill it with ice in case we catch any keepers. I'll bring my drift sock, and my dansforth anchor. Maybe I'll try to make a push-pole out of PVC, for the really shallow areas.


About me

  • I'm Scott Gaspard
  • From Austin, Texas, United States
  • I really like to fish. I go every chance I can. You can pretty much bet that at any given moment, I'm using whatever spare cycles I have to plan my next trip.
  • My profile

Google
Web This Site


Site Map




Archives



Gear



Pros


Guides


Boats


Organizations


Fishing Reports



Web Sites


Unrelated Blogs I Like



Previous Stories